South Island Seed Dressing is a progressive and flexible seed processing company located in Ashburton New Zealand, and in Tasmania Australia. Due to the nature of our business, we have extended busy periods and often require extra permanent and casual staff to manage this. We will advertise from time to time, so keep an eye on this space
Seed Cleaning Machinist
South Island Seed Dressing is a locally owned family business in central Ashburton. We specialise in cleaning, treating, packing and shipment of seed both domestically and internationally. The seed sector is part of the primary industry and global food supply chain, allowing us to operate as an essential service.
An opportunity has arisen within our nightshift crew for a motivated seed cleaning machinist, as we are looking to expand for the coming season.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Operation of modern seed cleaning machinery
- Forklift operation
- Manual lifting and stacking
- Maintaining a neat and tidy workspace
- General machine room duties
- Covering in other areas of the company if required
Key attributes we are looking for are:
- Can do attitude and willingness to learn
- Legally entitled to work in New Zealand
- Ability to work in a busy environment with a safety-first attitude.
- Able to work solo and as part of a team
- Capable to work under minimal supervision
- Experience (Preferable but not essential)
For the successful candidates we can offer:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Full onsite training
- Nightshift allowance
- Forklift Licensing
- Year-round job security
- Optional overtime
- 4-day 40-hour work week during our off season
South Island Seed Dressing operate in a drug free environment. Candidates may be required to under-go pre-employment testing and will be subject to random drug screening.
If this sounds like you, please email your CV and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it to the SISD Office, 7 Smallbone Drive Ashburton.